Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A weekly taste of Dear Molly

March 2nd 2006
            Dear Molly,
I’m not sure what could be better then a rainy B-day but it would have to be pretty fantastic like meeting Orlando Bloom or winning the Noble Peace Prize! However; I didn’t sadly get to meet that sexy Mr. Bloom today nor did anyone award my awesomeness with the peace prize…..so absolutely nothing been my wonderful day enjoying the rain, paining in my Art class, getting to right an opinion essay in English (and also read a few chapters in that awesome book Animal Farm,) and then getting to freelance write in Creative Writing class!
And after school if it couldn’t get any better, my mom picked me up so I wouldn’t have to walk in the rain (not like I would have minded) but also so we could go get a cup of coffee between her clients so we could talk since we hadn’t been spending a ton of time together lately, and that’s mostly my fault!
It was so nice to just be able to not have my mom busy with a client or me in my own little world and to just sit there and talk.  Even if it was just 30 minutes, it was 30 minutes that added whip cream to my day!
To add my cherry was Karlly coming over for a few hours just to do homework together and to enjoy listening to the rain tickling my roof which I am so thankful is a metal one!  Because with it being so blessedly metal I can hear every drop of rain that falls on it and it’s a heavenly sound to these ears of mine!  So much better and more calming then snow, or hail or sleet!
In Creative Writing we went over a poem by E. E. Cummings and I absolutely love it.  It’s called “I Carry Your Heart”:

I carry your heart with me,
(I carry it in my heart),
I am never without it,
(Anywhere I go you go,
My dear; and whatever is done,
by only me is your doing my darling),
I fear no fate,
(For you are my fate, my sweet),
I want no world,
(For beautiful you are my world, my true),
And it's you are whatever a moon has always meant,
And whatever a sun will always sing is you,

Here is the deepest secret nobody knows,
(Here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud,
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows,
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide),
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart,

I carry your heart,
(I carry it in my heart),

I had never heard of E. E. Cummings before, but after this poem I’m a huge fan and in total love of this poem (like I already said!)
There is something so wonderful yet so simplistic about the words in this poem that just captivated not only my ears and my mind, but my heart as well!  And it’s kind of hard I think for it not too!
I mean, “Here is the deepest secret nobody knows, here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud”…….Here is the deepest secret nobody else knows on this planet as simple as it may be that I am completely in love with you and you alone are the only one I am this in love with!  I mean that’s practically what he’s saying!  And this poem is for more then just a lover, I mean how many times to I feel like this for my parents or Karlly?  For each exceptionally special person in your life you have a “love” for them that isn’t a romance form of love.  It’s a love that only you life slipping away can end and even then you are sure that your love for them will still linger on!
Idk why, but this poem just struck me so well and I really adored it! And that’s why I’m sharing it with you Molly, because even though we’ve never met and I’ve never known you I feel so connected you and I adore you so deeply!  You will never be forgotten little sister.
Seriously, I wish I could have a promised day like this every single week!  That would be awesome….I mean not knowing of course when that day would be…but to at lest know that “hey, even after a crappy week, or series of days, your gonna have a one day break to make you smile and happy!”  Wouldn’t that be friggn awesome?  I think so and I vote YES on this!!!!!
Although, besides being no where near 18 so I couldn’t even vote on this issue at hand I doubt politics or anyone else for that matter besides God could make this a possibility to vote on at the polls and I really doubt that God will!  He wants me to learn how to see my glass half full more days then half empty!  At lest I’m sure of this!
I just realized how friggn long this entry is and I’m so oober sorry Molls lol. I better close here before you get a novel instead of an entry!
                                                     Love Always,
                                                             Megan,

No comments:

Post a Comment