Tuesday, January 18, 2011

One Cup of Tea.

I will inform you that even though my headache continued yesterday, I did not whack anyone upside the head. In fact it got so bad that any thought of working on my writing was disregarded as any screen killed my eyes!  So instead I spent the day trying to enjoy the first sunny, some what decent warm day of the year.  I was hoping fresh air would help my headache, so I took Chewy and my daughter out for a short stroll on the pathway right behind our home.  I'm sure it was only a 30 min. walk but my daughter was completely energized and Chewy was completely worn out and slept it off in his favorite chair......while I tried to think of other ways to discard my headache.
After the walk I tried doing the everyday chores, of cleaning, dishes, laundry ect.  And then also working on putting a stack of recipes I've made or collected from magazines.  Putting them into my own personal cookbook.  I enjoy to cook and bake....but instead of putting the recipes in there bound home, I got stuck watching episodes of The Next Great Baker on TLC and got quite excited when I saw that Buddy and his family were going to have a cooking show.  I can't help it, food makes me happy.  It's a wonder I don't gain more weight then I do with how much I eat and taste.

So now, with a lack of caffeine and a cup of tea in my hand, I think today I'm gonna achieve three things:
  1. Take an hour nap while my daughter naps
  2. Work on The Diversion
  3. Finish reading The Book Thief
So to finish off this mornings blog; here's a small insert from The Diversion, enjoy.


"....
I don’t want to look through the duffel bag right now, I’m anxious and antsy.  I want to do something, help my father fight.  I can’t stay cooped up here for days, weeks, oh god months!  I’ve just decided I will leave this bunker and help my father when I hear a single pop.  A single gunshot that gives me a horror stricken feeling.  I may be underground but that shot was too close for comfort.  There’s tears free falling from my eyes now and my heart is pounding so hard I feel like it will stop working it hurts so bad.  But I now have a mission, I quickly learn the hatch door has no latch on my side but I manage to pry it open and when I’m done my fingers are bloody.  I leave the duffel bag behind and dash to through the hallway, on my way to the front door I see my fellow drunkards slain and lying in mixed pools of blood.  I push open the front door to escape the smell of bodies and there standing is two rebel men standing over a single pool of blood that leads to my motionless father’s body."

No comments:

Post a Comment